Australian Market Warranty Document – Carbon Winches Recreational Recovery Winches
How to apply for a warranty:
- Contact the seller of your Carbon Winch to discuss the problem.
- If your seller deems that the issue with the winch cannot be addressed other than through a warranty claim, the seller is required to contact Carbon Winches Australia on behalf of the user.
- Carbon Winches Australia will attempt to identify if the issue can be resolved without seeing the components in question, or may ask for additional proof such as images or video.
- If it is deemed that the winch or components are required to be sent back to Carbon Winches Australia, the customer is to make arrangements to return them to our location at their expense.
- Once the winch has been returned along with a copy of proof of purchase, Carbon Winches Australia will assess the warranty claim and provide feedback on a successful or unsuccessful claim. The winch will be repaired and then arranged to be sent back to the customer. If the work is covered under warranty Carbon Winches Australia will bear the return shipping cost. If not, the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
This warranty is supplied in addition to consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and does not exclude them.
Carbon Winches Warranty
- Lifetime Mechanical Warranty
- 5 Year Electrical Warranty
- 5 Year Water Ingress Protection Warranty*(conditions apply)
The warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the winch. When applying for any warranty service, proof and date of purchase acceptable to Carbon Winches Australia, such as a copy of your purchase invoice must be supplied. If no such proof can be supplied warranty work will not be authorised. Any components, labour and other materials required will be quoted and paid in full prior to any work being conducted on the product in non-authorised warranty situations.
Carbon Winches Australia warrants to the original purchaser of our 4wd recreational electric recovery winches range that:
- The mechanical components of the Carbon Winch will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the:
- winch gearbox housing, clutch ring gear, planetary gear sets, driveshaft and brake mechanism
- drum endplates and cross bars
- winch rope drum
- That the electrical components including the electric motor and solenoid will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years.
- That the wireless remote receiver and transmitter unit will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years (battery not included)
- Winches must always be fitted by a competent person skilled in winch installation. A winch is a potenitally dangerous piece of equipment and must be installed correctly.
The warranty does not cover or apply to:
- Removal or re-installation of the winch.
- Shipping costs of the winch to and from Carbon Winches Australia unless otherwise stated at the time of the warranty claim
- The finish of the winch
- The synthetic or wire rope.
- The winch rubber and urethane seals
The warranty is void if the winch:
- Is used in any commercial or industrial use or application, or any hoisting application.
- If the minimum recommended battery size requirements stated for that particular winch are not adhered to.
- Winches that have been incorrectly installed or wired.
- If the winch has been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, collision, overloading, modification, misapplication, improper installation or improper maintenance or servicing.
No Carbon Winches Australia dealer, agent or employee is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
Carbon Winches Australia reserve the right to change product design without notice. In situations in which Carbon Winches Australia has changed a product design they shall have no obligation to upgrade or otherwise modify previously manufactured products.
Water Ingress Protection Warranty
CW-12K Winches dispatched after 24th December 2016 from Carbon Winches Australia will come with a 5 year Water Ingress Protection Warranty. This warranty covers:
- Mechanical components failure due to water ingress of the electric motor, gearbox and brake mechanism.
- Electrical components failure of the electric motor, wireless receiver unit and electric solenoid unit
What the Water IP Warranty doesn’t cover:
- The wireless transmitter hand remote control
- The plug in hand remote control
- Mounting Bolts
- Snatch Block
- Battery Cables and lugs
Conditions of maintaining your Water IP Warranty:
The rubber lip seals on the winch rope drum are a wear item, they are subject to exposure to the elements and abrasive materials such as mud, sand, salt, dirt and other environmental contaminants and will wear out with use of your winch.
To maintain your Water IP warranty you are require to replace the drum lip seals every 12 months. These are available for sale from Carbon Winches Australia for $25 inc shipping Aus wide.
This will ensure that your winch maintains it’s high standard of waterproofing and provide you with years of hassle free operation. You need to keep proof of purchase of these seals to validate your IP warranty in the event of a claim.
We highly recommend you download and read the maintenance and first use guideline document before installing and operating your winch.
International Warranty - Special Conditions
In addition to the standard warranty terms above, please note the below specifics for international winch customers.
5 year Mechanical Warranty
- Coverage for all mechanical components including brake unit, driveshaft, planetary gearsets and clutch mechanism.
2 year Electrical Warranty
- Coverage for failure of the winch motor, solenoid unit, wireless remote control recevier and transmitter, plug in remote control
If Carbon Winches has an authorised distributor in the region as indicated on the dealer locator, they will be responsible for servicing your warranty. If the winch was bought from Australia, please make contact with the Australian office for warranty support. Replacement parts, service items and other components covered under warranty may be provided free of charge, however shipping costs are the responsibility of the end user.